We’ve been doing some thinking…. About TTC #2.
Laurie came up with the idea of twin cycling (using my eggs) weeks ago. We were holding out for the results of the RPL panel to come back to really dig into this. that way we’d know if it would even be possible. As of now, It seems possible, but are we crazy?! Laurie thinks that it’s a great plan and really wants to do it. Me, I don’t know. I’m nervous about a lot of things and I have a lot of ‘what if’ type things swirling around in my head. I just don’t know…. This calls for some bullets.
- Can we really afford an OOP FET for Laurie? (She has tapped out her lifetime max on her insurance. Anything that involves her getting knocked up will be paid for OOP)
- What if we both get pregnant? Who is going to take care of us?! Are we going to be able to look after Ryan while we are BOTH feeling so exhausted, achy and tired? No one is going to want to visit us for 9 months!
- What if we both get pregnant with twins?! 4 new babies and toddler. That just speaks for itself.
- Can we afford to live off one salary? Right now, grandma (either of them) and Laurie’s aunt watch Ryan for the 2-3 hours between me leaving for work and Laurie coming home. Are they going to be able to handle the extra kiddies??? (this is only if we both get pg. I don’t think they’d have a problem with one more.) Or, would one of us stay home (most likely me) to run the household and others can come and help if they dare.
- What if we both get pregnant and I miscarry again. This is my biggest fear. It would only magnify it by 10,000 if this were to happen. I’d have a constant reminder that yet again I’ve failed. There is no way to know how I’d react to this until it happened which would just really (for lack of better words) fucking suck!!
- What if neither of us got pregnant. Neither of us have a great track record. Should we take the risk while we are paying for it OOP?! Even though I know that when we’re ready for Laurie to carry again we’d have to pay OOP anyways.
- What about Ryan?! Can he handle both of us being pregnant? Would be be weaned by the time Laurie needed to start taking meds and/or be pregnant?!
- What if either one of us couldn’t be there for the birth of the other?! I really loved being there for Laurie while she was laboring and during the delivery. It was such an amazing experience that I would never want to miss out on. What if I’m delivering in the next room?! Who’s going to help me?! Who’s going to help Laurie?!
These are mostly the bad things that could happen. Of course there are good things too!
- It would be really cool to go through everything together
- Pregnancy pictures would be totally awesome
- We’d hopefully only have to do it once and our family would be complete! (we want 3-4 kids)
- Laurie would carry the embryos that I made -that’s so cool all on its own!
- I’m sure this would qualify us for our own TV show on TLC?! Hmmmm, What would the name of our show be??? 2 ladies 5 babies! Hahahaha.
- Ryan would get instant siblings! We’d love it and I think he would too.
What do you think?! Crazy or not?! Do you have any other situations or things that your thinking that maybe we have not thought of yet?! Please chime in….every aspect and possibility needs to be explored.